When you are looking for the perfect scope for a new rifle, choose it according to the need. A high powered and too much magnificent scope would cause hindrances to your shooting. These lists are one of the good collections for Best 1.6X Scope. If you want fast target acquisition and a wide range of view then choose a low magnification scope. High magnification scope looks suitable for hunting, but the field view is smaller, and a fast-moving target would quickly escape.
Table of Contents
Best 1-6x Scope
The scope should be purged with nitrogen or argon to make it resistant to water, fog, weather, and scratches. The scope should be made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum. Make sure the lens of the scope is multi-coated to get the best clarity and brightness. Second Focal Plane works better at one magnification level while First Focal Plane works excellent the entire magnification range.
Let us look into some of the famous 1-6x scopes to choose according to your need:
This costs under $500 only but works like an expensive scope. It has multi-colored lenses and extra-low dispersion glass of high quality. This provides us with a clear picture, even in low and dim light. It can be adjusted more efficiently according to the surrounding condition. It features eleven brightness settings to get a clear and bright image. It is made of aircraft-grade aluminum with nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed.
It has a Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) reticle made of glass is placed on the second focal plane, which works well on the close-range targets. It even targets a fast-moving object efficiently and quickly. It is a perfect match for AR-15 and coincides well with standard .223/5.56 cartridges. It is resistant to weather, fog, impact, and water.
- It is impact and shock-resistant.
- It performs even in low light.
- Resistance to water and fog.
- It has a fast-focus eyepiece.
- It features Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) reticle.
- It has multi-colored lenses for a clear view.
- It is suitable for the daylight and twilight period.
- It has a compact profile and is light-weight.
- Might show fish eye effect for magnification of 4x and above.
- Might be complex and find it difficult for first-time users.
2. Primary Arms Silver Series 1- 6 x 24 SFP Riflescope (Gen III)
This scope is suitable for long-range shooting. It has an illuminated reticle to work in both daylight and night time. It gives a good and decent contrast during the daytime due to its red-colored reticle. It features 11 brightness settings. It features Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) reticle estimating a distance of 800 yards.
It has multi-colored lenses to give us a clear image at every magnification level. You can drop the lens cover to prevent glare as well as protect your lens. The reticle is placed on Second Focal Plane and is designed for standard 5.56/ 5.45/ .308 cartridges. It has 6063 aluminium body of Type II.
- More suitable for long-range targets.
- Resistance to water and fog.
- It has an anti-glare feature.
- It features illuminated and BDC reticle.
- It is compatible with low light also.
- It is sleek and compact.
- It is accurate up to 800 yards.
- Eye relief could be better at higher magnification.
- Sometimes it might have visibility issues at higher zoom settings as reported.
3. Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG Riflescope
This VCOG (Variable Combat Optical Gun-sight) is one of the well-known optical used by the US military with extreme durability and is tested to MIL- TSD- 810G standards. It has superior glass, making it highly suitable for hunting and the army. The reticle is placed on the First Focal Plane (FFP) to have accurate visibility on the target in the magnification range. It features six brightness settings and enables easy change in the magnification setting through the fast dial. It suits well for both daylight and low light condition.
It features Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) or Universal Multi-Role Adaptive Design (MRAD) and Minute of Angle (MOA) reticles. It is suitable for both short- and long-range shooting. It has a housing made of 7075-T6 aircraft- aluminium alloy. It is designed for standard .308/ 175 cartridges.
- It uses only one AA Alkaline or Lithium battery.
- It can perform rugged and heavy-duty works.
- The dial fin can be smoothly rotated.
- Battery life extends up to 700 hours at setting 4.
- It has an LED reticle for better brightness.
- Resistance to waterproof up to 20 meters.
- It is pretty expensive.
- Does not come along with lens caps or covers.
- Heavier compared to ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight)
4. Monstrum G3 1-6×24 FFP Riflescope
This scope could be a better choice in a low budget with excellent quality. The lenses are multi-coated, which increases the transmission of light and also avoids glare. It is nitrogen purged. It has MOA (Minute of Angle) reticle positioned at the First Focal Plane and allows easy and quick target on the object in the range of view. Reticle illumination is controlled by the dial to adjust according to the surrounding light conditions. It is well suited even at dawn and dusk.
The scope provides an accurate view up to a minimum of 300 yards. The housing is made of rugged aircraft-grade 6061 aluminium making it more durable. It is well suited for close and mid-range shooting.
- Resistance to water and fog.
- The reticle is illuminated to have a bright sight picture.
- Performs as tactical optics.
- Available at a low cost.
- The CR2032 3V battery has to be replaced more frequently.
- It is difficult to focus on 4x and above.
5. Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24mm Riflescope
Leupold has placed a great mark in the field of optics as it delivers lenses of high quality. This LPVO (Low Power variable Optic) is more durable as it is tested to perform even under extreme temperatures ranging from -40ºF to 160º Fahrenheit. It is resistant to water and fog. It can offer a clear image even in low light conditions and can add an extra time of 30 minutes at the start and end of the day. It provides two illuminated reticle options such as FireDot 4 and FireDot Duplex. Lenses have Guard- Ion Hydrophobic coating to protect them from dirt, fingerprints, and scratches.
This scope has a custom dial called Leupold’s Zero Lock CDS-ZL2 to make it simpler for longer shots. This has high accuracy on long-range shooting due to its in-built electronic level, which helps in mounting and holding the scope on the rifle. The 1x performs just like a red dot and 6x can target even hundreds of yards away without any issue. It has a housing made of 6061-T6 aircraft- aluminium alloy.
- It is light weighted.
- It gives eye relief of nearly 4 inches.
- Resistance to water, fog, and weather.
- It offers unmatched flexibility.
- The usage is easier and faster.
- Lenses are of excellent quality.
- It offers two reticle options.
- The Twilight max HD enhances optical clarity.
- Could hear the Turret clicks.
- The elevation is locked at zero and cannot go under easily.
- It is a high-end product.
6. Simmons Predator-Varmint 1-6×24 Riflescope
This varmint comes with better quality construction and can be easily adjusted to aim at the target. The lenses are multi-coated to give high contrast images. This scope features finger-adjustable turrets for a precise aim, and it can be adjusted easily and faster. It suits well for both day time and night time. The visibility is apparent even in the dense and forested area. This is one of the main reasons for this scope to be used by military men.
It features illuminated and Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) Strikezone 223 reticle with 11 levels. It has shock and fog proof in the long run. It is fabricated by light weighted and aircraft-grade aluminium. It is designed for both 0.223/ 5.56 calibre ammunition.
- It has easy access to side focus parallax adjustment.
- It has 3.9 inches of eye relief.
- Resistance to water and fog.
- The construction is made shockproof.
- Most effective in targeting small targets.
- It might be the heaviest 1-6 x scope.
- Some issues can be found in the long run.
7. EOTECH Vudu 1-6x24mm Precision Riflescope
This EOTech Vudu rifle scope has been awarded 2020 Golden Bulls-eye Away for its precision. The Vudu rifle scope goes well with AR-15 for its bolt action. This has Speed Ring reticle which can be focused between 1x and 6x. 1x magnification can be used to target rapidly on close range, and the same scope provides high accuracy and resolution at a more extended range when magnified to a higher power. The lenses are made of crystal clear XC high density to give a bright and clear view.
The illuminated reticle is positioned on the First Focal Plane (FFP) which enables clear aiming even at the low light condition. The housing is made of aircraft-grade aluminium with hard anodized finish. It features throw lever to change between the magnification levels quickly.
- Resistance to shock and impact.
- It has an illuminated and Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC) reticle.
- It offers optical clarity for all magnification levels due to its XC glass.
- It features throw the lever to change between zoom levels at a faster rate.
- It has revolution counter markings.
- It features push-button controls on the side to adjust the illumination.
- It is a high-end product.
- It does not suit for low light conditions.
8. Trijicon AccuPoint 1-6×24 Riflescope
This is one of the most famous ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gun-sight) optics used by military men. This is similar to Trijicon LPVO in performance and durability. The lenses are multi-coated to have a clear and bright view. The unique feature of AccuPoint is that it adjusts the brightness using Optic Fiber Technology. It is well suited for day time and low light conditions.
Another unique feature of this scope is that it uses a tritium phosphor lamp to illuminate during low light conditions. The reticle is positioned on the Second Focal Plane (SFP). The reticle is provided with a red triangle to get accurate precision. The housing is made of 6061 T-6 hard-coated aircraft-grade aluminium alloy and can withstand any weather condition.
- Aiming by Optic Fiber is adjustable.
- It has push-pull caps.
- Eye relief is generous at low magnification.
- It offers high-quality illumination.
- The tritium is small and has less use.
- It has issues with eye relief at higher magnification.
- It is quite expensive.
9. Vortex Optics Razor 1-6×24 Riflescope
This scope has more magnificent sight and accuracy even at dawn and dusk. This scope suits well for short and mid-range shooting. This greatly helps fresh hunters to improve their skills by maximizing the range to long-distance and aim at the target. Long-distance magnification can be done by VMR-2 MRAD (Multi-Role Adaptive Design) reticle. The reticle is positioned on the Second Focal Planar (SFP) and offers 11 brightness settings. The scope also provides sleek locking illumination dial which can be easily adjusted. The scope acts like a red dot at a closer range.
The lenses feature an APO optical system and low dispersion glass to give a better and clear image. The housing is made of aircraft-grade aluminium alloy with hard-anodized finish. The scope has o-ring sealed with argon gas making it resistant to water, dust, fog, and shockproof.
- It is a single piece of 30 mm tube.
- It has armored coatings to protect from oil, dirt, and scratches.
- It offers light-gathering through low dispersion glass.
- It features 11 brightness settings.
- It features an APO optical system.
- SFP reticle offers red dot functionality and close-quarters versatility.
- It has a BDC Duplex reticle.
- May face issues at a higher magnification level.
- It has heavy in-build.
The 1-6x scopes mentioned above are best at different ranges and will surely improve your shooting skill. Consider a few things like material, mounting, impact resistance, durability, eye relief, lens, and reticle before buying. Irrespective of which scope you buy, take some time to practice to learn the pros and cons. Now it is your time to shoot the range.